Pork TingaFrom sharebear1 2 years ago
- 3 pounds boneless pork spareribs shopping list
- 1 medium onions, quatrered shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 meduim onion, sliced shopping list
- 5 roma tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 4 tablespoon adobo sauce (freeze extra) shopping list
- 8 guajillo chiles shopping list
- 1 chicken bouillon cube shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano shopping list
- 7 cups of water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon latin inspired spice mix (or cumin) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- 22 tostada shells shopping list
- shredded lettuce shopping list
- sliced radishes shopping list
- sliced avocado shopping list
- queso fresco shopping list
- mexican crema shopping list
How to make it
- 1.In a medium sized pot: place pork, 7 cups of water, chicken bouillon, 2 garlic cloves, bay leaves and 1 quartered onion. Cover and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours on medium to high heat. Reserve the stock, discard bay leaves. Remove pork and to cool and then shred it.
- 2.While pork is cooking place guajillo chiles into warm water and let soak. Once pork is done remove stems and seeds from chiles and place them into the blender. Add the chipotle chiles and adobo.
- 3.Add diced tomatoes and sliced onion to stock and cook about 10 minutes until tomatoes are tender. Add remaining stock and tomatoes to the blender. Blend until smooth. Add puree to stock pot.
- 4.Shred pork and add to the puree. Add latin spice mix and mexican oregano. Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5.To assemble place meat mixture onto tostada, top with queso fresco, mexican crema, lettuce, avocado and radishes.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!