Funeral PotatoesFrom mesquitemamma 7 years ago
- 32 oz bag of frozen shredded hash browns shopping list
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like to use sharp cheddar cheese) shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cups finely crushed corn flakes shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine melted shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 9x13 baking dish and preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl combine soups, sour cream, cheese, onions, and the 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Gently fold hash browns into mixture.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Combine crushed corn flakes and the 2 Tbs. of melted butter and sprinkle on top of potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- *If wanting to, you can use cubed potatoes instead of hash browns but you will need to increase baking time to 55 minutes.
The Cookmesquitemamma Mesquite, NV
The Rating9 people
This is a great recipe. Around here, it's not a true potluck dinner if noone brings Cheesy Potatoes (that's what they're called here). It's also a staple recipe at my house, I just cut the ingredients down and make it in an 8" square pan for my sma...morejeanbob75 in Norton loved it
This is kind of funny, but not really: I just left a comment yesterday and I've never referred to this recipe as "funeral potatoes" but today I got a call to make them for a funeral dinner on Monday. Kind of weird, huh?jeanbob75 in Norton loved it
This sounds delish. I have eaten something similiar so it's not just a Mormon dish.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!