Omelet With Gruyère And Tarragon Roasted VeggiesFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1 dozen eggs shopping list
- 2T milk or half and half or cream shopping list
- 1lb asparagus, TIPS only(just save the rest for stock or a dinner side dish or soup :) shopping list
- 3 medium shallots, sliced into rings shopping list
- 8oz fresh mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1T tarragon pepper blend(I buy mine from myspicesage.com and LOVE it!) OR sub fresh or dried tarragon, a lil sage, dill, and fresh ground black pepper, OR fresh of the above ingredients :) shopping list
- about 2T olive oil shopping list
- 4oz Gruyère, shredded shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- Toss asparagus, shallots and mushrooms with olive oil, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Roast in 400 oven for about 7-9 minutes, just until tender.
- Remove and set aside.
- Whisk eggs with milk, half and half or cream, and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Heat about 1T of butter in omelet pan(or similar, if you're good at making omelets...I, am not :)
- Add 1/4 of the mixture(these will yield approx "3 egg omelets") to pan and let cook about 2 minutes, until the edges begin to set.
- Carefully loosen edges of the eggs and swirl pan a bit to move the uncooked portions around, to cook more evenly.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes more, until eggs are set, but not totally solid through.
- Add 1/4 portion of the veggies, and cheese to one half of the eggs in the pan, and either continue to cook briefly(if you want your eggs ALL solid), or, immediately flip other edge over the fillings and remove from pan to serving plate, for a more traditional omelet serving.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in oven while preparing the rest.(don't forget to add more butter to the pan before each omelet!:)
- I served this as part of a brunch with tomato soup, bacon, fancy grilled cheeses, etc...but this would be great for a Spring breakfast with garden fresh sliced tomatoes.