Easy CaramelFrom nhmomma 4 years ago
How to make it
- Place Parchment paper in the bottom and sides of an 8 X 8 square pan and set aside on a surface that withstand HOT temperatures.
- In a 3 quart sauce pan place all of the ingredients (except for the vanilla) and stir on medium low heat to melt them all together.
- Once all of the ingredients are melted, turn the heat up to medium and stir constantly. As bubbles start to form, clip your candy thermometer to the side of the pan. (ALWAYS CHECK YOUR CANDY THERMOMETER BEFORE YOU USE IT IN ANY CANDY RECIPE!!! PLACE IT IN A PAN WITH BOILING WATER...IF IT READS 212 F. YOU ARE READY TO GO!!!)
- Boil until the temperature reads 248 degrees F. Add your vanilla and stir to blend.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool for at least one day. Make sure you try not to make this on a humid day...it will set up, but be very sticky and hard to handle.
- Remove the caramel from the pan by lifting up on the parchment paper. Cut into the sizes that you'll enjoy!!
- The picture shown is of my caramels wrapped in wax paper. I do also make it chocolate covered.