Green Tandoori ShrimpFrom keni 3 years ago
- 3lbs uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined(I like to leave the tails :) shopping list
- 1 cup canned chilies, diced and undrained(you can use mild or hot or any combo of both....I actually used 3/4 cup jalapenos and 1/4 cup mild green chilies) shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1T masala spice(I prefer Pav Bhaji masala and, would actually not recommend the most common masala, garam, as it's flavor doesn't lend itself as well to the rest of the ingredients, in my opinion.) shopping list
- 1T ground cumin shopping list
- 1T dry mustard shopping list
- 1T toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro(stems and leaves are fine) shopping list
- juice from 1 lime shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients other than shrimp in food processor and process until well blended and combined.
- Add shrimp to large bowl and pour marinade over them.
- Toss well and set aside no more than 20 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers, being careful not to crowd them. The shrimp should not touch each other.
- Grill over high heat for about 3 minutes on each side, until pink and curling. Do not over cook.
- Serve immediately with rice, flat bread, and a dipping sauce, if desired. (we had a red pepper dip but ended up not using it other than for the grilled flat bread...the shrimp didn't need it! :)
- Also would make a great appetizer.