Slow Cooker Chipotle Pulled PorkFrom keni 3 years ago
- 6lb pork loin roast(leave the fat on...it will disintegrate just fine ;) shopping list
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes, drained(I used the ones with chipotle seasonings) shopping list
- about 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce(a 14oz can, and a smaller one will work well) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cans chipotle peppers in adobo sauce(use 1 if you want it a lil milder)...no need to chop the peppers shopping list
- juice from 2-3 limes shopping list
- 1 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey(more or less to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar(optional...I didn't use it, but if you want a lil more sweetness, it would be a nice addition :) shopping list
- 1T dry mustard shopping list
- 1T ground cumin shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for about 6-8 hours, until pork is falling apart and you are able to shred it.
- CAREFULLY shred pork into sauce, using 2 large forks or similar.
- Taste and add a lil more of the seasonings, if needed.
- Stir well and let cook on high, with the lid OFF and stirring often, for a couple of hours,or until sauce has thickened to your liking.
- If it's still not quite thick enough when you are ready to serve, just use a slotted spoon.
- Serve on hamburger buns or in corn tortillas.
People Who Like This Dish 29
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating3 people
Wonderful. I had too much heat in it for my missus, but it was fine by me. I had reduced the overall recipe to suit us, but didn't reduce the chipolte in the same proportions. Now I did make huge gains with this recipe, because the first time ...moreduboo in loved it
This recipe is delicious! I decided to leave the brown sugar out since Keni did as well and I'm glad I did because the pork would have been too sweet for our taste. I also added the whole 2 cans of chipotle peppers and I love the kick it added. I ...moreKDub in Simi Valley loved it
I'm making this today, and my house smells fantastic! Can't wait to dig in tonight. great recipej_dub76 in Boise loved it