Cajun Stuffed Mushrooms Or PeppersFrom keni 5 years ago
- about 1lb stuffable mushroom caps* shopping list
- about 1lb stuffable peppers, cleaned and halved, if necessary, depending on the peppers used* shopping list
- 1lb Andouille sausage, minced or ground(run it through your food processor or grinder, or just mince it up with two chef's knives shopping list
- 4oz canned green chiles shopping list
- 2T Creole or Cajun mustard shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or manchego cheese, grated shopping list
- about 2 cups fire roasted tomato sauce shopping list
- 8oz monterey jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sausage, chiles, mustard, onion, crumbs and Parmesan or Manchego cheese in medium bowl.
- Mix well.(I use my hands :)
- Stuff mushroom caps and/or peppers with mixture.
- Pour tomato sauce over all the mushrooms/peppers.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and veggies are tender, but not too soft.
- Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
- *you can use sweet peppers, hot peppers, or bell peppers... you can hollow them out and fill them or slice them in half. I used mini sweets and hots, and sliced them just in half.