Mini Buttermilk Biscuits with Ham, Arugula & Fig PreservesFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- For biscuits: shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour, sifted shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons) shopping list
- 1 cup (or more) of buttermilk shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Uncured Petite ham, thinly shaved shopping list
- organic baby arugula shopping list
- fig preserves shopping list
How to make it
- For biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and blend thoroughly. Using your fingers or a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk and quickly blend in with a fork, making sure to not overwork the dough, adding buttermilk as needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Use a mini biscuit cutter or the rim of a shot glass, press out as many biscuits as possible. Gather up scraps and quickly knead back together, then cut out as many additional biscuits as possible. Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Gently split biscuits in half. Spoon a little bit of the fig preserves on bottom half, top with ham and a piece of arugula. Top with biscuit top and serve.