Creamy Chicken And Broccoli OrzoFrom keni 2 years ago
- 1 1/2lbs cooked chicken(from any part, and cooked any way, with minimal seasonings) shopping list
- 1/2lb orzo shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- about 1lb fresh broccoli, trimmed to florets shopping list
- 14oz can diced all natural tomatoes(or sub fresh, diced, but retain as much juice as you can :) shopping list
- 8oz cream cheeses, softened shopping list
- 2T fresh italian seasonings(basil, oregano, parsley) or sub 1T dried shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil pasta per package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In dutch oven, or similar(I use cast iron), melt butter with olive oil.
- Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, broccoli and mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes, until veggies start to soften.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and Italian seasoning and stir well
- Add cream cheese and cook at low heat, stirring often, until cheese is melted and incorporated through. The veggies should have yielded a bit of liquid, but if mixture looks dry, add a splash of chicken stock.
- Once melted and smooth, add orzo and stir well
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
Made this! It was so creamy and delicious! I used some cherry tomatoes for the canned and used reduced fat cream cheese. I did have to use a little chicken stock since I used the fresh tomatoes, Spinach would be good mixed around in this too!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it