Tiny Twice Baked PotatoesFrom sas 3 years ago
- 24 baby Yukon Gold or red potatoes, each about 2 inches across (2 to 2-1/4 lb.) You can use mini red potatoes also shopping list
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 oz. bacon (about 3 thick slices), cooked until crispy and crumbled or crumbled sausage.....or both shopping list
- 6 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh chives shopping list
- 13/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated parmigiano-Reggiano and shredded cheddar to sprinkle on top. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Put the potatoes on a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of the thyme, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and toss again. Bake the potatoes until they feel perfectly tender when pierced with a skewer, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. If not working ahead, increase the oven temperature to 450°F.
- Carefully hollow out each potato: Begin by slicing off the top; use a small spoon or a melon baller to scoop out most of the flesh inside, transferring it to a large bowl. Discard the tops. Mash the potato flesh with a masher or a fork, then combine it with the bacon and or cooked sausage, 1/4 cup of the chives, sour cream, the remaining 1 tsp. thyme, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
- Using a small spoon and your fingers, fill the hollowed potatoes with this mixture; it should mound a bit. Sprinkle on the cheese. The last three minutes sprinkle on the cheddar.
- Return the potatoes to the 450°F oven and bake until the filling heats through, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining chives and serve warm.
- You can use almost any cheese you prefer....Bleu is also very good..
People Who Like This Dish 29
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!