Antipasta SaladFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1lb rotini or similar pasta, dry shopping list
- 2-3 bell peppers, diced(should equal about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced(about 3/4-1cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced mixed Greek or Italian olives shopping list
- 4-5 peppadews, diced(or sub about 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, if desired) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped shopping list
- 4oz goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
For red wine Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar(with garlic, if possible) shopping list
- juice from about 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1 cup salad quality olive oil shopping list
- 1-2t honey shopping list
- 1T Dijon shopping list
- 1t dried oregano(or sub 2t fresh, minced, but add it to the salad, not the dressing) shopping list
- 1/4-1t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed(omit if using garlic vinegar) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta per package directions until JUST al dente. At about the halfway point of the pasta being done, add the onions and bell peppers to the pasta in the boiling water.
- Drain pasta and veggies when done.
- Add to large serving bowl and add olives, peppadews and basil and toss to combine.
- Add vinaigrette(you may not use it all, just use to taste:) from below and goat cheese and fold or toss together. The cheese will melt into the dressing and create a great additional flavor to the salad.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour and toss again prior to serving.
For Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients other than oil in medium bowl and slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly, until well combined and emulsified, OR do as above but use a blender, OR combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and shake the bejesus out of it for a couple of minutes :)