Lazy Gourmet Pecan Pie & No Fail PastryFrom Good4U 5 years ago
- No-Fail Pastry shopping list
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 lb. shortening or 1/4 lb butter and 1/4 lb shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Cold water (see directions) shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- Filling For 1 Pie shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla ( I used real) shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups pecan halves toasted. shopping list
- Here is how to toast pecans shopping list
- http://www.food.com/recipe/how-to-toast-pecans-2688 shopping list
How to make it
- NO-FAIL PASTRY
- Cut shortening or butter combination into flour until coarse pieces form. In another bowl combine beaten egg with lemon juice and enough water to make 1/2 cup. Add to flour mixture and roll out to desired thickness. Makes enough for two crusts.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a bowl beat eggs, add sugar and mix stir in butter, then corn syrup and mix well add vanilla and stir.
- Put pecans into the pie shell. Pour filling over pecans.(They will rise to the top when cooking)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven. Serve chilled or at room temperate with whipped cream as desired. Enjoy!
- *If not using the other pastry shell it can be frozen to be used at a later time.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- hollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- TrishDish Vancouver, Canada
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- SadiesMom Nowhere, Us
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- doreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Olivemoose Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- oliviaswarden Olmsted Falls, OH
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!