Sloppy Joe, Oui?From keni 3 years ago
- 1 1/2lbs ground lean meat(chicken, turkey, lean beef, venison, etc) shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, diced shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2T capers shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1t black truffle salt(optional, can sub regular kosher salt, if needed) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 6oz French cheese(Brie, Camembert, chevre, Muenster, etc), shredded shopping list
How to make it
- In medium skillet, melt butter and cook meat, onions, garlic, and zucchini(add tomatoes at about the half way point) until meat is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Turn up heat to boiling and add wine.
- Let cook about 30 seconds, then reduce heat and add tarragon sprigs and maintain a high simmer until most liquid is gone.
- Add cream and bring back up to a high simmer and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove tarragon sprigs, and season with truffle salt and pepper.
- Serve on buns or croissants and top with shredded cheese.