General Tso's ChickenFrom ravenseyes 3 years ago
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 4 tablespoons cornstartch (I prefer arrowroot stratch) shopping list
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken I used hald white and half thigh this is cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth (homemade is best) shopping list
- 4 dried chilies red variation shopping list
- 1 tsp hot garlic oil shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped ginger shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons of minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions shopping list
- Steamed broccoli and any other veggie you like and white or brown rice to serve over (cook to your preference) shopping list
- you can also reduce or increase the heat I added an additional 1/2 teaspoon of crushed pepper flakes we like it hot shopping list
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine the toasted sesame oil with the egg white, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and 1/4 cup plus two 3 tablespoons of the cornstratch. Add the chicken stirring to coat well. Let stand at room temp for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the chicken broth with chile oil, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of cornstratch.
- In a medium saucepan heat the 1 tablespoon of oil (vegetable) to hot. Add the ginger and the garlic and allow to fry for approximately one minute stir often not to burn and reduce heat, stir in the chicken broth mixture and allow to come to a boil add the chili peppers and simmer over very low heat while you complete the dish.
- In a large skillet or any cast iron pan or pot that will allow you to have two to three inches of oil in it - add that amount of oil and bring it to frying temp. Carefully add approximately 1/3 of the chicken making sure that you seperate the pieces as they enter the oil allow to come to golden brown approximately three minutes - transfer to a plate lined with paper towel - repeat till done. In a large bowl add chicken and pour your sauce over the chicken and stir to ensure chicken is coated well add your scallions and toss again. Serve with your vegetables and rice.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!