Lemony Basil Butter CookiesFrom zena824 5 years ago
How to make it
- Process basil and 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor until blended.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electirc mixer until creamy; gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, beating well.
- Add lemon juice and egg, beating until blended.
- Gradually add flour and basil mixture; beating until blended.
- Shape doug into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Yield: 6 1/2 dozen
- * Plain fresh basil may be substituted for lemon basil leaves
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating2 people
Wow! So different and unique!juels in Clayton loved it
i have a bunch of lemon basil in my garden ( hehehe garden that only have those plant) i never knew you could used it for a cookies, i love their fragrant, i ussualy cooked them for the fish, or eat it raw with my meal, they are awsome.kitchen_fantasy in Bluffton loved it