Good Ol Southern Green Beans With Red Potatoes N MoreFrom sparow64 4 years ago
- 1 qt jar "home canned" grean beans (or whatever you have / like) shopping list
- 1/3 of a small onion; chopped shopping list
- 4 or 5 pieces bacon, fried and chopped shopping list
- 3 T margarine, or butter shopping list
- 1/8 t (+/-) chopped garlic shopping list
- salt & fresh ground pepper (or I like white pepper) shopping list
- 6-8 small redskinned potatoes (or other potatoes work fine) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and crosswise (OR, if using larger potatoes cut into large bite-size chunks) I leave the peel on.
- *A trick from Mom, I cut my potatoes into cold water to get that starchy residue off*
- Add all ingredients into a large stovetop pot
- IF you are not using a jar of greenbeans, you will need to add liquid. Add either water, or chicken stock, enough to come just to the top of the ingredients in the pot
- Heat on med-high til simmering then reduce to simmer and cook on low, covered, about 30-45 minutes, until potatoes are well cooked. (Add a little water or chicken stock if needed if liquid reduces too much).