Uptown Ham And Creamy White BeansFrom keni 2 years ago
- 3T butter shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, diced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 15oz cans cannellini or white kidney beans, slightly drained(or the equivalent dried, and cooked, with about 1/4 cup liquid) shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, diced fine, and well drained(thanks, Pointsevenout!! :) shopping list
- 1 1/2-2lbs ham steak, cubed shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3T fresh snipped chives shopping list
- 1lb fresh baby spinach, roughly torn shopping list
- couple dashes of hot sauce shopping list
- plenty of fresh ground pepper and a touch of kosher or sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy, deep skillet(I used cast iron, please do the same, if you have it :), melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook about 5 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
- Add ham and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes and black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add cream, hot sauce, ground pepper and chives and stir well.
- Increase heat to boiling, then reduce to maintain a high simmer/low boil for about 10 minutes.
- Taste and add a lil salt, if needed.
- When thickened and heated through, turn off heat and add spinach and stir just to slightly wilt it.
- Serve immediately.