Jake's Italian Meatloaf ExtravaganzaFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2lb ground Italian sausage shopping list
- 3T grated fresh or dry minced onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- about 1 cup dry Italian breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1t dry mustard shopping list
- 1t dry oregano(you can sub 1T fresh, here, I just prefer Mexican oregano and I use dried :) shopping list
- 1T fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1T fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- about 1/4cup tomato sauce shopping list
- about 1 1/2-2 cups chunky marinara sauce(homemade or your favorite jarred) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- about 3 cups alfredo sauce(homemade or your favorite jarred) shopping list
- 1lb stuffed tortellini(I suggest either spinach or mushroom) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine both meats, onion, garlic, eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, herbs, salt, pepper and the 1/4 cup tomato sauce in large bowl.
- Mix by hand in a kneading motion until well mixed, but don't over mix it.
- Form into 6 mini loaves and place on a roasting rack/pan or on a cooling rack over a deep cookie sheet.
- Spoon marinara over the top.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil tortellini per package directions.
- Heat Alfredo sauce in saucepan over low heat.
- When loaves are done, toss the warm, drained tortellini with the Alfredo sauce.
- Serve it over and with the mini meat loaves.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating3 people
This recipe was delicious! It was like eating a giant moist meatball. It stayed moist and the pairing with the tortellini w/Alfredo is a must!Noms in Cleveland loved it
This sounded intriguing so I just had to try it! Amazing! Jakes Italian Meatloaf Extravaganzamommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
This was AMAZING. I was skeptical, thinking "alfredo and marinara"? But the taste, together, with the delicious meatloaf, wow. This is a keeper, we neeeeed to make this again. Keni, thanks to you, and Jake! I'd give it six stars if I co...moresteepens in Kearneysville loved it