Rosemary Olive Bread (bread Machine Compatible!)From chinablue 2 years ago
- 3 tblsp good olive oil shopping list
- 2 tblsp dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, FINELY minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive juice (room temperature) shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp dry yeast shopping list
- 3 tblsp sugar shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups minced kalamata olives shopping list
- 1 tblsp melted butter for brushing finished loaf shopping list
- ADD NO salt TO THIS RECIPE! shopping list
- the salt needed comes from the olive juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°
- Measure olive oil into small bowl or ramekin, add herbs and HALF of the garlic. Warm in microwave for about 15 seconds
- Allow to sit for about 20 mins. to infuse oil and soften dried herbs.
- Add warm water/olive juice mixture to bowl (or bread machine pan)
- Add sugar and yeast, stir and allow to sit for about 5 mins.
- Add 3 cups bread flour
- Add remaining minced garlic
- Add minced kalamata olives
- Bread Machine NOTE:
- If using machine to make bread, including baking, set on light setting for large loaf and your work is done!
- Oven baking NOTE 2:
- If baking in oven:
- Mix all together, then knead well .
- Allow to double in bulk in covered bowl (about 45 mins), punch down.
- Knead gently, shape into loaf and place in greased bread pan. Lightly coat dough with thin coating of olive oil, cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise again until double in bulk (about an hour)
- Bake about 45 mins until done. Brush top with melted butter.
- (I use dough setting on machine for mixing and first raise and then follow with second raise in bread pan and oven baking)
The Cookchinablue 24747, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!