Extra Spicey Gingersnap CookiesFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, or more shopping list
- to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cool unsalted shopping list
- butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus extra shopping list
- for rolling shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/3 cup molasses (not blackstrap) shopping list
- 1/4 cup egg whites (from about 2 eggs) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and spices in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter until smooth and fluffy in a mixer fitted with a paddle
- attachment (or using a hand mixer). Add the sugars and mix. Add the molasses and mix.
- Add the egg whites in 2 batches, mixing to combine after each addition. Add the dry ingredients
- in 3 batches, mixing to combine after each addition.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place some granulated sugar on a small plate.
- Roll the dough into 3/4-inch balls, then roll each ball in the sugar until lightly coated.
- Transfer to parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 1-inch of space between the cookies.
- Bake until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 60 cookies
- I don't always use Parchment, but watch it CLOSELY! DO NOT OVERBAKE. Rather you use the Parchment than over do it.