Steel City Hanky PankiesFrom keni 4 years ago
- 1lb raw bratwurst(bulk or in links, but, if using links, just remove the casings :) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2T onion, grated shopping list
- 8oz cream cheese, softened and cubed shopping list
- 12oz cheddar or colby cheese, grated(grate your own, please :) shopping list
- about 1/4 cup half and half or cream shopping list
- a few dashes of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- a few dashes of hot sauce shopping list
- 1 loaf party sized rye bread shopping list
- paprika for garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, cook sausage until done, but not over brown.
- Add garlic and onion and cook another couple minutes.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar and continue to heat, stirring often, until all cheese is melted.
- Add Worcestershire and hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Add half and half a lil at a time, stirring well after each addition, for a smooth consistency.
- Spoon onto the slices of bread and bake on a cookie sheet or stone at 400 for about 10-12 minutes until bread is browning and crunchy around the edges.
- Sprinkle with paprika just before serving, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- DoraSoSweet Richmond, Va
- chef_dee Nowhere, Us
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- canesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- haybri The Burg, WA
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- wesg1217 Nowhere, Us
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- moxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!