Tamale Dough 1From shirleyoma 7 years ago
- Tamale Dough shopping list
- * 6 cups masa harina and 5 cups warm water or chicken broth shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cups lard or shortening shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon cumin shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon chile powder shopping list
- * 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1 1/2 garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- To use Masa Harina-
- In a mixing bowl combine masa and warm water or broth until combined.
- Let the mixture sit for 20 minutes or so to let the masa soften. Then mix it on low speed until a dough forms.
- After Masa or Masa Harina is prepared-
- Gradually add in the salt, cumin and onion powder and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, whip lard or shortening until fluffy. Add the lard to the dough a little at a time while mixing until well combined.
- The mixture should be about the consistency of peanut butter. If not, add more masa, water or broth as necessary.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating4 people
Shirley... this looks like the real deal... and they still use lard here in this part of Texas.. so bad for you .. but you can taste the diffrence.. Myself, I'm to lazy to make them.. they sell them all over the place down here.. and so good!linebb956 in La Feria loved it