Raw Zucchini SaladFrom sosousme 4 years ago
- 3 to 4 zucchini, julienned (I use the julienne blade on my mandoline, you can use your awesome knife skills if you don't have one, or thinly slice the zucchini on the diagonal. ) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh soft herbs (such as basil, parsley, oregano, chives, mix and match at will), finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil (or to taste) shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped walnut pieces (I used these, but I think pine nuts would be equally good), optional (but read my note) shopping list
How to make it
- In a sieve, combine the julienned zucchini with 1 teaspoon of the salt, toss, then add the other teaspoon and toss again (you want the zucchini well salted); set aside in the sink for 10 to 15 minutes or until very limp. Rinse well, pat dry and place in a bowl.
- In that bowl that you are going to put the zucchini in, combine the lemon juice, herbs and extra virgin olive oil, whisk to combine.
- Toss the zucchini with the dressing, add the nuts and some pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings adding lemon juice or olive oil to taste.
- That's all folks.
- Per Serving: 111 Calories; 10g Fat (1g Sat, 7g Mono, 1g Poly); 2g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 537mg Sodium.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!