Smothered Pork ChopsFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 4 bone in pork chops (boneless work too, just check an hour into cooking for tenderness) shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil (I used canola) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf fresh (or 2 dried) shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 green onions, white & tender green parts, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt, and peppers in a pie plate or similar.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge pork chops in flour mixture and place in skillet. Brown on each side for about 5 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add veggies and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in chicken stock, scraping up any browned bits. Add bay leave. Return chops to pan along with any accumulated juices.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, stirring 2-3 times, for 1 1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Discard bay leaf. If you'd like to thicken some of the sauce, remove skillet from heat and spoon desired amount into a small sauce pan over low heat. Add cornstarch to thicken to desired consistency .
- Add green onions to pork chops. Serve with gravy or pan sauce spooned over top.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating2 people
These sound great! I only have boneless chops in the freezer right now but might go ahead and give it a go. Thanks DT!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
These sound great DT. Im going to try them with boneless also since thats all I have. Thanks for sharingmrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it