Savory Brine For Chicken, Pork, Or TurkeyFrom justjakesmom 2 years ago
- kosher salt (or any salt) shopping list
- soy sauce (I use reduced sodium) shopping list
- McCormick's Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple seasoning (not necessary, but really good) shopping list
- poultry seasoning (or any combo of sage, thyme, rosemary, etc.) shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- liquid smoke (optional) shopping list
- EVOO shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl (big enough to hold what you're brining) Use an ice-chest for Turkey, microwave about a half cup of water to boiling (you can use measuring cup for this and pour into bowl)
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup Kosher salt (again depends on how much you are brining) I use about 1/4 cup for 5 chops; 3/4 cup for a 18-20 lb turkey
- Stir till disolved.
- Add rest of seasonings (I just shake in; approx. 1/2 - 1 tsp. depending on how intense you like it) It doesn't really "infuse" that strongly, so be generous.
- Add about 1/4 soy sauce
- I add a little liquid smoke when I do a chicken or smoked paprika if you have it.
- Add a little olive oil (esp. with the whole chicken)
- Fill bowl with enough cold water to cover what you are brining. I add ice at first to the hot water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for anywhere from 6 hrs to overnight.
- Remove and pat dry before grilling or roasting.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookjustjakesmom Everett, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!