Kalbi (Korean marinated Short Ribs)From oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
- Ingredients: Serves 4 people shopping list
- •3 pounds short ribs shopping list
- •1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- •1 Asian pear, (apple can be substituted) shopping list
- •2 tbsp finely chopped garlic shopping list
- •1/2 small onion shopping list
- •1 tbsp ginger shopping list
- •2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- •1 tbsp honey shopping list
- •2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted shopping list
- •2 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- •1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- •2 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Soak the ribs in cold water for about an hour or until coloration of the water turns pinkish red. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, pear, garlic, ginger, and onion into a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl (the ribs will be added here later), combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well. Add the beef short ribs and coat thoroughly.
- 4. Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 5. If using a grill, heat the grill to high. Remove short ribs from marinade and grill short ribs until slightly charred and tender and cooked to desired preference. Serve short ribs with white rice and kimchi.
- 6. If using a stove top, add the short ribs to a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until slightly charred. Serve with rice and accompanying side dishes. Enjoy!
- *If serving small children (and wanting to prevent a mess), it's best to cut the meat off the bone and slice into bite-size pieces. The dark marinade can stain clothes so be careful.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!