Lasagna Style Baked SpaghettiFrom donman 1 year ago
- 8 ounces #3 spaghetti, broken into 2" pieces shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter (room temp) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, well-beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped well shopping list
- 16 ounces “Newman’s Own” Sockarooni spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook spaghetti according to the label directions; drain.
- Spray, with PAM, a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Cut butter into 6 pieces.
- Add butter, salt, pepper, and egg with the warm spaghetti and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan.
- Spread evenly, ½ cup of the shredded cheddar cheese over the spaghetti.
- Set aside.
- Sauté ground chuck and onion in large skillet until meat is brown; drain.
- Place meat back into the pan and on low heat, stir in the spaghetti sauce, sugar, oregano, and garlic salt, mix well and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Evenly spread the meat mixture over the spaghetti layer and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and the remaining cheddar cheese over top of the baked meat and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!