Bananas on the Half ShellFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
How to make it
- Quarter the bananas, do not peel. Cut crosswise and then lengthwise.
- Brush lightly with a touch of butter and cinnamon mix
- Dip the cut half of banana in a flat dish of brown sugar
- coat thickly with sugar, as evenly as possible
- Place on a heat proof dish.
- I line them up in a row on a ceramic casserole dish.
- Fire up the torch and carmelize the sugar till bubbly and brown.
- Serve two pieces of banana per person in a shallow dish.
- Do not add the alcohol to the bananas when the torch is lit or anywhere near the booze.
- Splash a smidge of rum for the adults and let them spoon away,.
- For the kids, I wait til they cool enough to handle and peel away the banana peel and put them in a dish with a scoop of ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt.
- Alternately you can broil the bananas in your broiler until sugar carmelizes and bubbles.
- Some have been known to serve this as a condiment to curries.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating1 people
Just found this jewel...I love it. Sounds like something Bryan and I would love. I'll have to surprise him with this one next time we do a "date night" at home!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it