Individual Baked AlaskaFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- Brownie Base: shopping list
- http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/brownies.html (or your favorite brownie recipe) shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 cup strawberry ice cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup espresso bean vanilla ice cream (or coffee) shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 6 ounces bakers sugar shopping list
- garnish: shopping list
- strawberry coulis, fresh mint, fresh strawberries shopping list
How to make it
- With a 3 1/2 -inch round cookie cutter, cut brownies into 2 individual portions and place on small, foil lined baking sheet. See Photo
- Using 2 small round bowls (the opening being the same diameter as the brownie rounds, line each with plastic, pressing down well (leave access plastic hanging off). Place 3 equal layers of ice cream in each bowl then top with brownie round, slightly pressing down See Photo. Pulling extra plastic wrap from the sides, seal the brownie layer. Freeze cakes and ice cream until very hard, at least 1 hour.
- While the ice cream freezes, make your meringue:
- In an electric mixer with the whip attachment, on medium speed, beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Continue to beat and add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Whip until meringue has reached stiff peaks. Place meringue in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Preheat the oven to broil and place a rack 8 inches from the top of the oven.
- Remove the ice cream cakes from the freezer. Pipe the meringue evenly over the ice cream, covering completely (don't take too long or ice cream will start to get too soft).
- Place in the broiler and broil just until tops are browned, about 30 second. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with strawberry coulis and garnish.