Prize Winning Peanut Butter FudgeFrom mandymoore 3 years ago
How to make it
- In a heavy saucepan add sugar, evaporated milk and butter.
- Heat on medium/low heat until bubbly.
- Stis constantly.
- Continue to cook (stirring constantly) until mixture turns a pretty caramel color and thickens up.
- Using a clear glass container, drizzle a very small amount of the sugar mixture into room temperature water.
- If the mixture forms a ball at the bottom of the water it is ready, if it just looks gooey continue to cook.
- It should take you at least 30 minutes to cook through.
- When at the soft ball stage take the pan off of the burner and add the jar of peanut butter and beat until it doesn't look shiney any longer. Add the vanilla and pour into an 8 inch square pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Let set up for at least 3 hours before removing from the pan.
- When the fudge is hard, pull the aluminum foil up and it should release from the pan with no problem.
- Open up the sides of the fuge and let sit another hour before cutting into 1 inch squares.
- It is very rich, but tastes heavenly!
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookmandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- Not added to any groups yet!