Great Northern Beans With Swiss ChardFrom NPMarie 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (save a little for drizzling) shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large bunch of swiss chard, stems removed, chopped (about a lb) (or you can use kale) shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (or 1 can diced tomatoes) shopping list
- 1 can great northern beans, rinsed & drained (or your own cooked favorite white beans) shopping list
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- Crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- salt & freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot , heat the olive oil over medium heat, add onions, saute until translucent. Add garlic, saute for about a minute.
- Add the chard to the onions & garlic, season with salt & pepper. After the greens begin to wilt, check pot to make sure there is enough moisture to continue cooking..if not add a little water.
- Add the tomatoes, lower to med-low heat, simmer covered 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the beans to the pot and drizzle a tablespoon or two of olive oil, check seasonings.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and crumbled Feta.