Green SpaghettiFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, shopping list
- 3 cups (packed) spinach leaves shopping list
- 1 cup (packed) basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup (packed) chives shopping list
- 6 oz. cubed feta cheese (traditionally queso fresco is used) shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground - to taste shopping list
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti shopping list
How to make it
- Cook spaghetti al dente.
- Meanwhile, make sauce.
- Add pine nuts to a small skillet and toast over medium heat for about 2 minutes until just lightly browned on all sides.
- Place pine nuts, spinach, basil, chives, cheese, milk and garlic into bowl of food processor fitted with S-blade. Process until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil in a steady stream with processor on. Taste for seasoning, season with s&p accordingly.
- Drain spaghetti and place back in pot. Add sauce and toss well to heat through.
- Top with a bit of crumbled feta to serve.