Beef And Spinach Stir FryFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2lbs beef, cubed(this can even be the lesser cuts, as long as you marinate overnight :) shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2T dried minced onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- juice from 2 lemons shopping list
- 1T dry mustard shopping list
- Sriracha sauce(from 1T to a lot more, depending on taste :) shopping list
- about 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- couple T of peanut or olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 bell peppers(red, yellow or orange, preferably), chopped shopping list
- 1lb fresh baby spinach shopping list
- 1 can baby corn, drained shopping list
- 1 large can(or 2 small) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- about 1/3 cup Chinese brown sauce or stir fry sauce(or Hoisin) shopping list
- about 2t cornstarch shopping list
- 1T Chinese hot mustard shopping list
- plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- In large zipper bag, combine the beef with the rest of the "beef" ingredients and a lil salt and plenty of pepper. Toss to mix well and let marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but overnight is better.
- Heat oil in large wok or similar stir fry pan.
- Add beef and stir fry just a couple of minutes, until browned on the outside, but still at least medium rare inside.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peppers and cook another 2.
- Add garlic, spinach, corn, water chestnuts, and cook just another couple minutes, until spinach has cooked down.
- Make a well in the middle, and add the cornstarch and quickly mix well so no lumps form.
- Add the stir fry sauce, hot mustard, a lil more salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cook about 1 minute to help thicken.
- Add meat back in and toss once more so everything gets warmed through.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- MotherAnn Charlestown Twp., Ohio
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- DaiAylward Nowhere, Us
- albys1 Broomall, Pennsylvania
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- spinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
The taste was great. All the right stuff, and Spinach my kind of dish. I did it without the chestnuts.spinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Very good stir fry!! Great flavor on the beef. I was worried the hot mustard would be to much for the little one's but it was mild and they really enjoyed! Check the IMI for more ------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it