Beef And Spinach Stir FryFrom keni 4 years ago
- 2lbs beef, cubed(this can even be the lesser cuts, as long as you marinate overnight :) shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2T dried minced onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- juice from 2 lemons shopping list
- 1T dry mustard shopping list
- Sriracha sauce(from 1T to a lot more, depending on taste :) shopping list
- about 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- couple T of peanut or olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 bell peppers(red, yellow or orange, preferably), chopped shopping list
- 1lb fresh baby spinach shopping list
- 1 can baby corn, drained shopping list
- 1 large can(or 2 small) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- about 1/3 cup Chinese brown sauce or stir fry sauce(or Hoisin) shopping list
- about 2t cornstarch shopping list
- 1T Chinese hot mustard shopping list
- plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
- kosher or sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- In large zipper bag, combine the beef with the rest of the "beef" ingredients and a lil salt and plenty of pepper. Toss to mix well and let marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but overnight is better.
- Heat oil in large wok or similar stir fry pan.
- Add beef and stir fry just a couple of minutes, until browned on the outside, but still at least medium rare inside.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peppers and cook another 2.
- Add garlic, spinach, corn, water chestnuts, and cook just another couple minutes, until spinach has cooked down.
- Make a well in the middle, and add the cornstarch and quickly mix well so no lumps form.
- Add the stir fry sauce, hot mustard, a lil more salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cook about 1 minute to help thicken.
- Add meat back in and toss once more so everything gets warmed through.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
The taste was great. All the right stuff, and Spinach my kind of dish. I did it without the chestnuts.spinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Very good stir fry!! Great flavor on the beef. I was worried the hot mustard would be to much for the little one's but it was mild and they really enjoyed! Check the IMI for more ------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it