Chuck Wagon Beans And RiceFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- 2 cups pinto beans, canned shopping list
- 2 medium branches Fresh celery hearts shopping list
- 1/4 cup onions, Diced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1 banana pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic clove shopping list
- 10 oz basmati rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp bacon grease drippings shopping list
How to make it
- Mince all the vegetables then sautee them in the bacon grease. Once they are nicely softened stir in the undrained pinto beans. Next stir in the tomato sauce and bring up to a simmer.
- I used pre-cooked basmati rice. VeeTee makes the 10oz packages. Add in the cooked rice and break up any lumps so it is well incorporated.
- Let the beans simmer along for 15 minutes and you are ready to serve. This is a good cook ahead dish. You can always add a little water if you want more gravy for serving as a main dish. I prepared as written to make a side dish and didn't want alot of soup messing up the plate.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/chuck-wagon-beans-rice/#ixzz1xo7tvjDt