Banana Split PieFrom tuilelaith 1 year ago
- banana Split Pie: shopping list
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted shopping list
- 8-oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 16-oz sour cream shopping list
- 3 bananas, sliced shopping list
- 20-oz can crushed pineapple shopping list
- maraschino cherries, with or without stems, for garnish shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped shopping list
- whipped cream or Cool Whip shopping list
- Grated chocolate, optional shopping list
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 13x9 baking dish, melt butter in microwave, then add graham cracker crumbs and mix well, pressing the mixture onto the bottom; set aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in another mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, until completely blended.
- Spread this mixture evenly over the graham cracker crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spread the sour cream over the cream cheese mixture, and bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- While base is cooling, drain crushed pineapple and slice bananas into 1/4" slices; gently toss pineapple and bananas together.
- When cool, layer the pineapple and banana mixture over the sour cream and then spread the whipped cream evenly over the top.
- Dust with grated chocolate, if desired, then sprinkle with the chopped pecans and the cherries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Whipped Cream
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form - texture should be billowy.
- Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Use immediately.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!