Corn Dog PopsFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- honey cornbread batter: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 organic cage free eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup local honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine granulated sugar shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- 1 package (8 hotdogs) organic, all beef hotdogs, each cut into 4 pieces (32 cut pieces total) shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Combine the buttermilk, eggs, butter, honey and sugar.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix just until the flour is moistened, no more than ten seconds. The batter should be visibly lumpy — leave it that way! It's extremely important not to over mix the batter.
- Lightly grease cake pop maker with butter. Pour batter in each hole, 3/4 of the way up. Gently place 1 piece of hot dog in center of each then close lid. Bake for 3 minutes, then flip over using 2 bamboo skewwers, and bake another 2 minutes (this is what worked best with my machine). Once golden brown on both sides, remove gently with skewers to a plate. Continue until all hot dog pieces are used (you might have a little batter left - I made muffins with mine).
- Insert a short bamboo skewer into each pop and enjoy warm with desired condiments.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating1 people
These were delicious. Tasted better than the fried corndog. Thanks for sharing.twolittlehands in loved it