Corn Dog PopsFrom luisascatering 10 months ago
- honey cornbread batter: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 2 organic cage free eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup local honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup fine granulated sugar shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- 1 package (8 hotdogs) organic, all beef hotdogs, each cut into 4 pieces (32 cut pieces total) shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Combine the buttermilk, eggs, butter, honey and sugar.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix just until the flour is moistened, no more than ten seconds. The batter should be visibly lumpy — leave it that way! It's extremely important not to over mix the batter.
- Lightly grease cake pop maker with butter. Pour batter in each hole, 3/4 of the way up. Gently place 1 piece of hot dog in center of each then close lid. Bake for 3 minutes, then flip over using 2 bamboo skewwers, and bake another 2 minutes (this is what worked best with my machine). Once golden brown on both sides, remove gently with skewers to a plate. Continue until all hot dog pieces are used (you might have a little batter left - I made muffins with mine).
- Insert a short bamboo skewer into each pop and enjoy warm with desired condiments.