English Trifle CheesecakeFrom racerrat 2 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 9" yellow cake layer, sliced horizontally in half shopping list
- 1/4 cup vanilla syrup (I used sugar free) (divided) shopping list
- 1 can cherry pie filling (divided) shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 8oz packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F. Butter bottom and sides of a 9" springform pan.
- Press half the cake into the bottom of the springform pan. Brush cake with half the vanilla syrup. Spread 1/2 of the pie filling over the cake. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar on medium high speed until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Pour 1/2 the batter over the top of the cake, smoothing out to the sides of the pan. Place second cake layer on top and brush with remaining syrup. Then spread remaining pie filling (reserving 2 tbsp of the liquid for the topping) over the cake. Pour remaining batter over the top. Pan will be filled to the top edge.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until top is light brown and there is a slight jiggle in the middle. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, top with whipped cream topping. To make topping, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar with whisk attachment at medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of cheesecake. To decorate, using a baggie with the corner snipped off, drizzle the remaining two tablespoons of cherry syrup over the whipped cream topping.
The Cookracerrat Lockport, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!