Vicks Vapor Shower DisksFrom tuilelaith 2 years ago
How to make it
- 1) Add baking soda to a mixing bowl. Updated to add - I don't really measure. Maybe 2-3 cups?
- 2) Slowly add water until you've made a thick paste. Updated to add: add just a little water a time. You'll want the mix to feel like putty.
- 3) Add 15 drops of each essential oil.
- 4) Spoon in to a muffin tin, and let sit out for 12-18 hours. You can also bake these, but I just left them out overnight.
- 5) Pop these suckers out of the paper liner, plop it in your shower, and let the essential oils steam away your stuffy nose. Put them anywhere on the floor of the shower; it doesn't matter where!
- For anyone who is having issues with these being "crumbly", try using 1 cup of baking soda and 1/3 cup of water (plus maybe a few tbslp more) and baking for 20 minutes at 350. THEN add a few drops of essential oils to the cooled "puck".
- Source: http://beingfrugalbychoice.blogspot.com/2012/03/homemade-vicks-vapor-shower-disks.html
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!