Italian Sausage & Ravioli CasseroleFrom otterpond 2 years ago
- 1 13oz package of Celentano Mini Rounds cheese ravioli shopping list
- 1 cup Barilla roasted garlic Napoletana Sauce shopping list
- 2 links of Jennie-O Sweet Italian turkey sausage shopping list
- 1/2cup freshly grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey pepper Jack shopping list
- 1/2 tsp italian seasonings shopping list
- 1/4tsp Crushed red peppers shopping list
- 2 slices Sargento Reduced Fat Provolone shopping list
How to make it
- My grocery frequently has BOGO's on the items in this recipe. I try to buy these and put them in the freezer. My best trick is having a relatively small freezer so I actually have to use the stuff in there before impulse buying on BOGOs again...
- Brown the Italian sausage on medium high then turn it down to medium, add 1/2cup of water and cover the pan. This will get the sausage good and cooked in a relatively short time and float out some of the fat.
- Prepare the raviolis as instructed by Cellatono, drain and stop the cooking by rinsing in cool water. This will also wash away extra starch.
- Mix together the Romano, Monterey Pepper Jack, crushed red peppers, Italian Seasonings.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce into the bottom of a serving casserole, place a single layer of ravioli with the concave side down ( yes I did just Google concave to make sure I got it right) . Next layer is one link of the sausage diced. I think smaller pieces work better but that may be a matter of styled -- just emphasizing the Diced part. Last is a layer of the Romano/Pepper Jack cheese mixture.
- Repeat on more layer: Sauce = Ravioli = Sausage = Romano/Pepper Jack. Top it off with wedges of the Provolone on top. Completely unnecessary cheesing but the have a different color of brown and bubbly that shows up better.
- You can set this away until you are ready to reheat it. You could even make smaller portions and freeze one if you are just cooking for two.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 425
- Finish by putting a room temperature Aluminum Foil Covered casserole into the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes then uncover and let brown and bubble for another 10 -15.