HarissaFrom DetroitTokyo 1 year ago
- 3 oz. dried Guajillo chilies - about 15, stemmed & seeded (wear gloves to be safe) shopping list
- 2 oz. dried New Mexico chilies - about 13, stemmed & seeded (wear gloves) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tbsp packed fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus more as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Place chilies in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let sit until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Drain chilies and place in bowl of food processor, fitted with S-blade. Add caraway, coriander, cumin, mint, salt, garlic and lemon juice. Process until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. Add olive oil. Process until well incorporated.
- Spoon paste into a sterilized 2-pint glass jar. Top with a layer of olive oil. Secure lid and refrigerate. Add more olive oil as you use it, always making sure there is a thin layer on top so it does not dry out. Use within 3 weeks.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!