Zucchini Leek Pancakes (latkes)From DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 2 large leeks, trimmed, well cleaned, and cut into half moon slices shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 medium to large zucchinis, shredded - about 5 cups shopping list
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/3 cup AP flour/oat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon zest shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add leeks and a pinch of salt, and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove leeks to a large bowl.
- Add grated zucchini to sauteed leeks. Stir to combine. Add eggs, flour, baking powder, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Scoop 1/3 cup of zucchini mixture into the hot oil, and flatten the mixture into a thin circle. Cook in batches, careful not to crowd in pan. Cook pancakes for 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and slightly crisp. In between each batch of pancakes, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and allow oil to heat up before adding batter.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!