Vodka Chicken PastaFrom MrsSims 2 years ago
- 1 large shallot, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp. crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 cans. diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup vodka shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 4 tbsp. basil and parsley finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 bag of penne pasta shopping list
- 3-4 chicken breasts- chopped and cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the shallots and garlic in olive oil until the onions are brown
- Stir in the vodka and the tomatoes. Allow this mixture to simmer over low heat in an uncovered pan. This gives the alcohol in the vodka plenty of time to simmer away.
- Add the basil,parsley and heavy cream and mix thoroughly.
- Use as much of the tomato paste as needed to create the thickness you desire. The thickness of the sauce is a personal preference. For thin sauces, you can omit the tomato paste altogether.
- Allow the sauce to simmer over low heat. Add your cooked,chopped chicken to the sauce.
- Serve your homemade vodka sauce over pasta with shredded cheese and crusty bread.
The CookMrsSims St Albert, Canada
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!