Sandwaffeln ( German Waffles )From PongoUSA 2 years ago
- 150 gr butter shopping list
- 100 gr sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 lemon, the peel grated, only shopping list
- 1 ts vanilla extract shopping list
- 260 gr flour ( half whole wheat / half all purpose ) shopping list
- 2 ts baking powder shopping list
- 40 ml milk ( about 3 tb ) or water shopping list
- [section ]For dusting[/section] shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- cream sugar and butter in mixer, about 5 min. Add eggs one by one and incorporate. Add lemon peel and vanilla, mix. Sift baking powder into flour, add to the sugar / fat mixture by the spoonful. Add enough milk to have a not too sticky dough, it should have the consistency of pancake batter.
- Bake at once in a german style waffle iron, let cool a bit, so the waffles get crispy. Dust with powdered sugar.
- They are great all bu themselves, or with powdered sugar and lemon juice or with whipped cream and berries.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!