Curried Yellow Split Pea Stew In A Crock PotFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 2 cups yellow split peas shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 3-4 celery stalks,diced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 3-4 large carrots, diced (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tbsp) shopping list
- 1 tbsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tbsp curry powder shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 5 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste) shopping list
- Naan bread (optional, to serve) shopping list
- plain Greek yogurt (optional, to serve) shopping list
- cilantro, roughly chopped (optional, to serve) shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse split peas and soak for about 30 minutes. Drain & rinse.
- Place onions, celery, and carrots, and garlic in crock pot. Add split peas. Sprinkle cumin, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper over top. Finally, add stock. Do not stir ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or on LOW for 8 – 10 hours until peas are very soft.
- Remove top, season with salt, stir and cook uncovered for an additional 30 minutes to one hour until thickened up.