Homemade YogurtFrom notyourmomma 9 years ago
How to make it
- Combine milk, dry milk powder in saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and cool for 15 minutes.
- Add a little of the lukewarm milk to plain yogurt starter and beat lightly with a wire whisk. Add in remaining milk and beat lightly.
- Pour into a deep ceramic (foodsafe) crock and cover with a clean cloth. Secure with a rubber band.
- Place in unlit (gas) oven for about 4 1/2 hours for a mild yogurt.
- Longer for a tangier curd. After yogurt has fermented, chill very well before using. Save a small amount as a starter for your next batch.
- Can be flavored and saved tightly covered and refrigerated.
- Great as a marinade for lamb.
- Good in soup preparations.