Streussel Topped Pear PieFrom PongoUSA 1 year ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup ice water shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- [section]streussel[/section} shopping list
- 1/2 cup regular oats shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 7 cups thinly sliced ripe bartlett pears (about 6 pears) shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor; pulse 2 times to combine. Add butter, and pulse 6 times or until the mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly pour ice water through food chute, processing just until blended (do not allow dough to form a ball).
- Remove two-thirds of dough, and press into a 4-inch circle on 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap. (Leave the remaining dough in processor.) Cover the dough with 2 additional sheets of overlapping plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, into an 11-inch circle. Place the dough in freezer 5 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed.
- Remove top sheets of plastic wrap, and fit dough, plastic wrap side up, into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove the remaining plastic wrap. Fold edges under; flute. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add oats and brown sugar to dough in food processor; pulse 4 times or until crumbly. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine pears, granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, ginger, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well to combine. Spoon pear mixture into crust. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle oat mixture over pear mixture. Bake an additional 25 minutes or until top of pie is browned. Cool at least 2 hours.
- Nutritional Information
- Amount per serving
- Calories: 325
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 57.1g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 273mg
- Calcium: 31mg
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!