Chipped Chocolate Cherry PieFrom pinkpasta 7 years ago
- chocolate cookie Crumb Crust: shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temp. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs shopping list
- chocolate Cherry marshmallow Filling: shopping list
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated or finely chopped shopping list
- chocolate curls for garnish (Optional) shopping list
- 9-inch pie pan shopping list
How to make it
- (Chill metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for a couple of hours before making recipe. This is to help form fluffier peaks when whipping the heavy cream.)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, in a medium bowl, using a pastry blender or 2 knives scissor fashion, cut the butter into the cookie crumbs to form a crumbly mixture. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the filling, in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, heat the marshmallow creme, pecans, cherries, and milk, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the grated chocolate and whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture. Pour into the prepared crust and spread evenly. Chill for 2 hours before serving, or make ahead and chill overnight. Garnish with chocolate curls (optional).