Unicorn Poop CookiesFrom tuilelaith 2 years ago
How to make it
- Combine butter, shortening and cream cheese in a large bowl, beat together until smooth.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Beat in egg and almond extract until combined and gradually add the flour beating until combined.
- Form dough into a ball with your hands and then into a log shape, divide the log shape into six portions (or how ever many colors you want).
- Place each portion of dough into individual bowls and tint the dough different colors.
- Chill tinted dough in the refrigerator 1 hour or freezer 15-20 minutes.
- Divide each tinted chilled dough ball into 8 equal pieces.
- Take one piece of each color dough ( leaving the rest in the fridge while you work) and roll out like a rope or snake on your counter-top.
- If you use a piece of waxed paper on the counter, you shouldn't have to add any flour.
- Roll the rope shape to about 6 inches long.
- Continue rolling all the colors and stacking them into a pile.
- Gently press the ropes together and roll the large multicolored "rope" on the counter to round and smooth it and if desired to lengthen it to 10 to 12".
- Cut the multicolored "rope" into two pieces, using both hands, roll with your palms in different directions on both end of the rope pieces to twist it gently.
- Coil the rope into a poop shape, using your imagination as to what you think unicorn poop should look like
- Press in some silver candy balls (dragee) into the dough pieces to decorate if desired.
- Place dough on greased cookie sheet (or one covered with parchment or silicone mat) and bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes until cookies are set and bottoms are light brown, they will not spread very much.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Coat with sparkle gel and/or disco dust to give them some sparkle and add some sprinkles to the still wet gel for more texture.
- Let cookies dry completely before stacking.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!