PoppycockFrom twill10 3 years ago
- caramel Crunch popcorn aka Poppycock shopping list
- thx to http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/t/754552.aspx shopping list
- 1 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 c. butter shopping list
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 8 c. popped corn shopping list
- 1 c. pecan halves (toasted) shopping list
- 1 c. whole almonds (toasted) shopping list
How to make it
- In a lightly buttered bowl, combine popcorn and nuts and set aside.
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan combine sugar, butter and syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture turns a caramel color and reaches 290 degrees.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour syrup over popped corn and nuts. Stir quickly to coat and pour into a buttered shallow baking pan.
- Separate into pieces with two forks because it will be VERY hot. Cool and store in a tightly covered container.
- This is very buttery and has a great toffee flavor and makes a great gift.