Black Bean & Corn Tortilla CasseroleFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 of medium sweet yellow onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced organic fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles shopping list
- 1 (15oz) can organic black beans shopping list
- adobo seasoning, cumin and sea salt, to taste shopping list
- tiny splash of balsamic shopping list
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped shopping list
- 8-12 organic corn tortillas shopping list
- 8 oz grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1-2 sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a baking dish with canola oil. Heat olive oil in dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, cook 5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and seasonings. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in cilantro last.
- Overlap 4-6 tortillas in baking dish to cover bottom; spoon half of the tomato mixture over tortillas, top with half the cheese. Cover with remaining 4-6 tortillas. Top with remaining tomato mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese and green onions. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes then remove foil and broil until bubbly and golden brown on top. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving. I served it with a dollop of plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream.